Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitor Center functionality? How are you using it?

Default Visitor Center functionality? How are you using it?

Can anyone explain how you send requests to individuals to visit your center versus sharing it to your wall?

Did I miss something or is there more functionality that is going to be added to this? Right now after looking at it the first time its really not even worth a repeat visit.

You can edit your message in your visitor center to let your neighbors know if you need particular crops harvested, or businesses. It doesn't replace posting to your wall.

Default For Those Using the Visitor's Center

I have my Visitor's Center up and running.

I am noticing a lot of the upper level players also having open Centers.

I have utilized the message section to state what franchises I am looking for.

I like the center because I can quickly see if their is a franchise opp placed in your city. (it is easier to find the Center than the opp)

I thought the list of top visitors would be helpful, but it only lists the top 10.

I have placed my Center in the area where folks would see it right when they entered my city (along with my franchise opp). Some people have theirs on the far outskirts of their city. It is hard to find.

How how you using your up and running Visitor's Center?

I wrote "please click my peas or boats" in it to try and steer people away from clicking my businesses...
    otherwise it is just a cool building to compare statistics. I like that it shows farm plots and lists city value and stuff.

The top visitors is nice but it should show more then 10.

I am hoping for some good ideas here, as I'm thinking about deleting mine. I appreciate that we can leave the message on preferences work to be done, but I doubt that many people will actually click on it. Many people I play with have huge cities now and I can't even find there's when I look for it. I think it would be at least as effective to just put your request in a status message or when you make a CV post.
    Any other ideas for its value besides the message? It does take up a lot of space.

It’s ok, I tried placing it so people would see it when they first visited my city. But only one out of about fifty people has actually done what I have asked them to help with.

1. Put the visitor center near the center of where the starting screen in - if I see that, I know I will take an extra few seconds to click on it and see if there is a message in there (Will not go searching through a city for it.)

2. I just put something like "Feel free to work on crops, homes, or businesses - please DO NOT chop any trees"

3. If you request something like "work on my crops" - then also have those near the starting window. 99% of the time when I visit a neighbor, I do whatever is in the starting area and move on to the next neighbor. To visit a lot of neighbors, I can't be spending a lot of time searching for where things are. If you request crops to be tended, and I don't see any crops - then whatever I see is what you get. Sorry.
    No new neighbors - I'm already at max on all Zynga games

There are tons of threads regarding the inability to ask Cityville friends for staffing. Please leave this one single thread for something other than that topic.

Here is a good thread to post in:

http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.p...23607&page=150

I will ask the mods to move the complaint posts to that thread.
    Last edited by 1PaperDoll; 02-21-2011 at 01:01 PM.

I also agree about putting the center near where people will enter. I want that information easy to be found. When I visit other cities I zoom out once, so I see a bit more.

Perhaps as more people are able to build their center, more will see this as a very good idea, and not place it at the far ends of their large city.

There are two points that I miss:

a)What I should do with the values?
    Compare it with an other city? In this case it would be nice if I could mark the text and copy it to an texteditor/textfile.

b)This is a one way communication.
    It would be nice if the last 10 neighbors could leave a short message, e.g 50 characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast