Every year, you amaze us with your decorating abilities. Your culinary creativity is unparalleled. But what can you do with paper, coloring pencils and a whole lot of clichés? For this event, we want to see our players create FarmVille Themed Winter Holiday Greeting Cards!
From December 20th to December 31st, submit images or photos of your FarmVille Themed Winter Holiday Greeting Cards for your chance to win 1000 Farm Cash, 1,000,000 Coins and any Limited Edition FarmVille item of your choice (as long as it is currently available in-game or has been previously released*)!
To participate in this contest, you must submit an image (or photograph) of the front of your greeting card, and an image (or photograph) of the text inside your card.
You may use any FarmVille themes, decorations or animals as inspiration, so get those creative juices (and puns) flowing!
The Winning Greeting Cards will also be featured on the FarmVille Loading Screen!
Below are two options for acceptable entries:
This is an example of an entry created using image editing software. (Players who are proficient with Photoshop, MS Paint or other image editing software may wish to submit their applications this way)
This is an example of an entry created in real life, and then photographed. (Players who do not have image editing programs or players who would prefer to draw may wish to submit their applications this way)
- The Greeting Cards must be FarmVille themed and Winter themed.
- Your entry must have an image or photo of the front of the greeting card.
- Your entry must have an image or photo of the inside of your greeting card.
- The inside of your greeting card must contain text.
- The FarmVille team will be selecting our top 10 favorite Winter Holiday Themed Greeting Cards on the 31st of December.
- No flaming or insulting pictures that other players have posted.
- Posting will end at 6 pm PST on December 31st.
- We will announce the top 10 winners on January 3rd.
- Make sure you are creative! The FarmVille team will be judging the pictures based off of originality, effort and presentation.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!
- Please refrain from creating images on your card that are Copyrighted (by companies other than Zynga). If you choose to depict a copyrighted image, you will not be selected as one of our winners.
- Please keep your entries Rated G! We cannot publicly display graphic or inappropriate content on our loading screen, so if you wish to be a winner, keep it clean!
- No inappropriate content is allowed in the photos. (The forum rules still apply)
- The photos must show your entire Greeting Card.
- The picture must be an original creation. No going and getting an image off of the internet.
- If you are selected as one of our winners, you must provide us with your Facebook User ID. These user ID’s can be sent to Lexilicious via Forum PM. (Please do not send your User ID number to me unless you are selected as a winner!)
- Do NOT post your Facebook User ID on the forums. Entries that are sent to any members of the FarmVille team via PM or email will not be considered valid.
- No spamming of the thread is allowed. This includes any content that is not relevant to the Decorating Contest.
- One entry/greeting card per person. Choose wisely! (This means that creating an additional forum account to post multiple entries is NOT allowed.)
The 10 winners of the contest will receive
- 1000 Farm Cash
- 1,000,000 Coins
- Any Limited Edition FarmVille item of your choice (as long as it is currently available in-game or has been previously released*)!
Image Posting Tutorial:
For those of you how may not be familiar with how to use the forums, I have created a quick tutorial on how to post an image to the forums.
- Take your photo.
- Upload your photo to your computer, and save it.
- Next, your image needs to be hosted. Go to www.imageshack.com. (Don’t worry, it’s free!)
- Click on the “Browse” button.
- Select the image you wish to upload from your computer.
- Check the box next to the “Resize image?” option.
- From the pull down menu, select “800 x 600 ” pixels.
- Click “Start Upload”
- Once the image is uploaded, copy the “Direct Link”.
- Open up the FarmVille forums, and click “Post Reply” In the official Event thread.
- Click on the following button:
- Paste the “Direct Link” URL you copied earlier into the pop-up that appears.
- Click “submit reply”.
- That’s it! You should see your image posted in the thread.
Please remember that this is only one of many free image hosting websites. It is not required that users use Imageshack to participate in this event.
A vast majority of free image hosting websites have a bandwidth limit. This means that if enough people view your picture, there is the possibility that your bandwidth will be exceeded, and you image will no longer be visible. Should this happen, it is your responsibility to re-upload your image to another site prior to the end of the event.
*Certain items may be unavailable. If you are selected as a winner, your LE prize can be discussed in more detail at that time.
Happy Holidays everyone!