Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 200%+higher bonus, no cash items

Default 200%+higher bonus, no cash items

Hi everyone, I thought I would share a layout I created to maximize decorations, no cash items used.

From what I gather this configuration gives the largest possible bonus. Has anyone found anything different?

I am of course planning to replace all of the arboretum with Rocky Hill, this will raise the bonus to 275%, but the cost of those makes it too inefficient at the moment.

Interesting stats:

Normal Pool Hall output: 420 coins
    Output with bonus: 1391 coins
    1 energy = 1391 coins
    Each Charlieville train I send out for more goods nets me 991 coins (that's
    -400 coins for the 100 production)

Basically all of my other businesses seem worthless now, so I just don't bother with them. I have two businesses using the above configuration side by side(this lets me share 4 arboretums) and am planning on making room for a 3rd so I can burn through my energy and production quickly.

use the restaurant! its giving me more with a 79% payout then yours at 231!soon as I do another expansion imma try what you did and see what the pay out for the restaurant is lol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=550554540

That is really clever, so maybe what I should be doing is having less shops and more decorations. I've got flowers between all my shops (heaps and heaps of them), but I am not getting that sort of bonus.

This is pretty amazing, I think I'll start putting decorations all around my major business to maximize their value.
    "Always take things in moderation even facebook!"

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/kevin.baris

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/547933460

LOL, that is exactly what I am trying to do! My problem is that I am using the Seafood Restaurant that is 3x3 and I could not figure out how to fit things in. I am able to get it to 192% with a bunch of "empty" spots =( But my configuration nets me $1779! The Pool Hall at 4x4 fits in a lot better.
    Last edited by Honey Stop Playing; 12-05-2010 at 02:09 PM.

What a great tip! I'm going to plan my next expansion around that concept, although it looks like I need more room than one offers. I see you started out with flower patches around it, since they're actually more cost effective than an arboretum, but only have a range of 2 squares. An arboretum has a range of 3, which is why your ring of them still barely touches the pool hall.

Keep in mind the upfront investment that has to be recuperated though. I tallied up the costs of everything I saw and got to 57,320 coins. At 10 mins for the pool hall to max out and 991 profit per turn, you need 58 turns to become fully profitable again, which could be done in one non stop 9 hour 40 minute play session.

The beauty of the system is you can swap out the business at the center as you level up, assuming it doesn't take up more room than you have, and can always remove some of the flower patches to make room for that. You can do the same for decorations too.
    Joost Schuur - Nerdy, opinionated, endlessly fascinated and insatiably curious.

@joostschuur on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by morlanjo View Post
    Interesting stats:

Normal Pool Hall output: 420 coins
    Output with bonus: 1391 coins
    1 energy = 1391 coins
    Each Charlieville train I send out for more goods nets me 991 coins (that's
    -400 coins for the 100 production)
    Nice!

I'd been toying around with a design like that but yours is far better than mine and is clearly quite effective.

I take it the squares right in front of the statues are too far away for something placed there to reach the pool hall to get the bonus higher? Thats the only way I could see to improve upon what you have except, as you mentioned, moving up to the rocky hills.

The real takeaway here is to upgrade and replace your old businesses instead of just building new ones. Otherwise you're throwing money out the window.

Now that I look at my city, I really wish the game had a feature where you could stash things like others to. Rearranging is going to be a pain if I want to do this before my next expansion and not sell everything for next to nothing.

@joostschuur on Twitter

Did you change the amount of land plots you kept after this? Since you're buying goods and making a profit, you don't need them for these businesses, and if your other businesses are not worth it to supply, you really only need plots for quests.

@joostschuur on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmont View Post
    Nice!

I'd been toying around with a design like that but yours is far better than mine and is clearly quite effective.

I take it the squares right in front of the statues are too far away for something placed there to reach the pool hall to get the bonus higher? Thats the only way I could see to improve upon what you have except, as you mentioned, moving up to the rocky hills.

First of all, thanks for all the comments guys!

The statues are used because the walkway is required to be connected to the road, otherwise I could have fit an arboretum. Based on the location the statue gives a higher percentage than the single flowers or the pink circle of flowers.

The 4x4 businesses are definitely more effective in this combination, generally the larger the area of the business the more decorations you can jam into the area.

The comments about using a different building, I completely agree, but I am only level 21 and don't have population requirements for different buildings yet. I of course am planning on upgrading when they become available.

jschurr:

by your calculations I would need 58 turns, which is 58 energy, utilizing friend adding and a lucky level up I think I started becoming profitable again in about 2 hours, the time consuming process is waiting for capacity to hit 100/100.

After I accomplished this I sold all of my other businesses except for franchises, the daily players give free production so I still find value in that. Right now the bulk of the rest of my land is going towards housing and community buildings for various quests.

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast