Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ZYNGA....Please "REMOVE" the punishment for not attending fair... I mean really...!?!

Quote Originally Posted by strayingPlate View Post
    As I stated earlier on another post, Zynga staff DO read these forums. Think about it... if you were working on this game, would you avoid or take part ? I have seen a developer or two posting on here and they are labelled as developers.

With all due respect, it is unfair to claim something you have no self evidence in and are basing on paranoid guessing. If you read the forums enough as I have, even without posting responses, you WILL see staff have posted here. It is rare, yes... but they have and do !
    I have no doubt. Bugs that give us a large advantage are fixed the instant they are reported here! I am 100% sure they lurk. I am equally sure that they don't give a rat's patootie about the things that bother us. Nearly 100% of players want to see the Fair made optional, if not eliminated. Instead, they extend it indefinately. We complain about pop ups that hijack us to another page.........ask that all pop ups can be closed. Instead, we got more of the ones we cannot close. We complain about the "racing" boxes up the right side, too many. We get really idiotic ones (feed more sheep.......for EVERY flippin' sheep we feed?) and more of 'em.
    Poor customer service, guys.

I agree as well ~ I was away for work. Yes, I work. Which means that I can occasionally spend some funny money on FB, which is rather nice. I was bumped back 2 levels and you can bet that that will not happen again until Platinum is accomplished.

Of course Zynga shows up here ~ whether they do what players want or not, it is an invaluable source of information and feedback, a nice first stop for developing surveys to gather the scientific data they need to actually run a business.

Perhaps it is because of my occasional purchases that I can still get one-on-one support. Last week I accidentally sold my DeLuxe Shady trough. It was restored within the hour by a very polite person on chat. The following day my new crop dryer stopped producing power. I was given some power to try some fixes and the dryer was working within a half hour.

So, moral of the story ~ it is a business. It is a game. You win a few and loose a few...and I hope any lurking Zynga folks will take note of how frustrating this aspect of the Fair is for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
    ...and I hope any lurking Zynga folks will take note of how frustrating this aspect of the Fair is for players.
    People have been complaining about this for months, since the first people lost medals. (I started playing the end of June, and I knew this about the fair before I even was able to participate in it from reading the complaints here.) If any "lurking" Zynga staff were going to do anything to change it they would have.

I'm sure that there are some Zynga staff who look in here, but there is no evidence that anything players have complained about here are acted upon, except for bugs that the SuperMODs include in their reports. JoanaDuarte's point - which is that posting here and expecting a response from Zynga, or even any action by Zynga is a waste of time - is valid. Posting comments on the blog, which they do read, and on the support site are likely to be more effective.

(JoanaDuarte's success with the squirrel was not just a function of this forum. It was posted on other sites, and commented on in the blog (and I'm sure in the survey as well.)
    Jeanne
    -----------------
    Add me.

Quote Originally Posted by matantisi View Post
    People have been complaining about this for months, since the first people lost medals. (I started playing the end of June, and I knew this about the fair before I even was able to participate in it from reading the complaints here.) If any "lurking" Zynga staff were going to do anything to change it they would have.

I'm sure that there are some Zynga staff who look in here, but there is no evidence that anything players have complained about here are acted upon, except for bugs that the SuperMODs include in their reports. JoanaDuarte's point - which is that posting here and expecting a response from Zynga, or even any action by Zynga is a waste of time - is valid. Posting comments on the blog, which they do read, and on the support site are likely to be more effective.

(JoanaDuarte's success with the squirrel was not just a function of this forum. It was posted on other sites, and commented on in the blog (and I'm sure in the survey as well.)
    15 weeks = 105 days = 3 and 1/2 months. They better come up with something to replace the fair in that time...

Marie's Farm.jpg
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

my brain actually refuses to comprehend how medals are designed.... so keep that in mind

What I do know, is that there SHOULD be some sort of penalty for missing a week - however - the penalty is clearly too severe. I'm not sure exactly what it means to "drop to the base of your previous medal" - In my mind that means if I miss ANY of the gold levels, I will be dropped back to level 1 of the previous, silver medal. Utterly ridiculous.

I DO Understand that the way it's set up is so that active players are closer to the top of the neighbor bar. This is typical in most zynga games with a variety of events. Which is where my issue comes in.

Every other game I've played that had a similar set up, having to achieve certain goals to reach the top of the neighbor bar.. every single one of them ENDED.

They ended after X weeks, then we got a break for a week, then they started a new one. I can't comprehend why they thought it was smart to have the fair never ending when it works so well in other games to have the events LIMITED TIME. This way if you wanted to skip an event, you could. There would be another one along that you could choose to participate in or not.

The fair needs to end, OR worse case, the fair needs to be restarted every couple of weeks or something.
    They're just beating a dead horse here.

I was being genial in case anyone is lurking about ~ If I were designing a game, I would take the advice that would work with my design, not just change things that players like/don't like because people were being vociferous. There are loads of complicated mechanics in this game and to change one thing is likely to have a knock on effect for several others.

One thing the fair does do is to reward consistent perseverance. I can like that. Not that it was fun to go back many levels...one would have been plenty precisely because it takes perseverance to maintain and get ahead in the Fair.

I have been here since day one, so have had plenty to watch in the many months that the devs have been busy with new things. Mainly, I am happy enough to stay.

. . . but there is no evidence that anything players have complained about here are acted upon, except for bugs that the SuperMODs include in their reports.
    That isn't entirely accurate; a number of things have been changed during the past year due to suggestions/feedback posted here on the Forum. A few off the top of my head are the way Prized Animals used to/currently function; visibility on when LE items as well as their recipes expire so players can make informed choices on whether or not to purchase them. Those are just two, small examples; they do pay attention to suggestions/feedback but whether or not they act upon them is of course up to them.

Thanks, Kalianna ~ I think there are a number of folks who have played for awhile but not for the whole time who will benefit from knowing what has happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalianna View Post
    That isn't entirely accurate; a number of things have been changed during the past year due to suggestions/feedback posted here on the Forum. A few off the top of my head are the way Prized Animals used to/currently function; visibility on when LE items as well as their recipes expire so players can make informed choices on whether or not to purchase them. Those are just two, small examples; they do pay attention to suggestions/feedback but whether or not they act upon them is of course up to them.
    Yeah, you are right. They have made a few "good" changes over the year. Few of them, recently tho, gimme that? lol
    I am grumpy, it is EXTREMELY hot and humid here and I am depressed that that (fill in cuss words of choice) Fair is not going away anytime soon. I'd beg for a cupcake but the darned thing would melt before I could eat it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalianna View Post
    I'm assuming these were also things the SuperMODs included in their reports. So, yes, I should have included those in that sentence.
    Jeanne
    -----------------
    Add me.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast