Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yarn Barn

Default Yarn Barn

Just got a yarn barn which works like the dairy barn. So far I am liking it. If it is like the dairy garn and the higher up you go the more coins and XP you get will love it even more.

Thanks to vanillaisis for my signature pic

I don't think it is going to be the cash (or XP) cow that the Dairy was.
    I am a work in progress

I love these features - easy to use, I can go at my own pace, and cute prizes. Thanks Zynga!

I also love this feature. I am going to enjoy this one as much as the dairy. I can go at my own speed and don't have to beg my friends for anything.

I like it also. No pressure, no limits, no begging.

Thumbs down

Now that they released the Yarn Barn, the XP points and coins have gone way down in the Dairy Farm. Yesterday I was rewarded 215,000 XP points and over 800,000 coins after completing a level in the Dairy Farm...Now it's rewarding so little, it's not even worth wasting my time. And the XP and coins are not increasing anymore in the Dairy Farm. I'm all done with the Dairy Farm. I'll see how far the Yarn Barn takes me, and if the rewards are very little, I'll be done with that too. I didn't play the Dairy Farm because it was "fun", I played it because the rewards were great.

From what I've seen, I don't like the yarn barn as much as I liked the dairy. Everything feels a bit rushed with the Yarn Barn; I think the Dairy had a more gradual release of ingredients, so right now it feels like too much too quickly. Also, it's hard to tell items apart at a glance. I have to squint to tell merino wool from cotton, and the various yarns and threads look pretty similar. I'd also guess that the ingredient storage will be more important since, so far, the various wool and cotton seem equally important (as opposed to the dairy, where milk was way more useful to have at the ready than anything else). Since storage expansion items are either randomly gained as a result of finished deliveries or purchased with cash, I reckon I'd get frustrated pretty quickly.

Also, I'm slightly peeved that I accidentally spent some farm cash on completing a delivery. Completely irrelevant to my above complaint, but it still makes me mad that I did something so stupid!

The yarn barn is just a new way for zynga to steal farm cash from their players. There's always been a problem getting the milk with the dairy barn, due to the fact that just rolling the mouse anywhere near the top of the butter crafting always made that crafting pop up, blocking the milk collection. But that was just an annoyance, clicking the top of that window didn't cause any harm, and moving the mouse around would eventually get that closed, and you could try collecting the milk again.

But with the yarn barn, they put the finish for FV cash at the exact same spot where you'd click to get the wool. That's no accident. Greedy punks. I'm getting so damn fed up with this game and the crooks who run it.

I see there's also an Upgrade button that gives double quantities of raw materials for 50 farm cash, and that button is right where some of the buttons on the fabricated goods are. I wonder if there's a confirmation screen before they help themselves to that money which gives you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by hersheejess View Post
    From what I've seen, I don't like the yarn barn as much as I liked the dairy. Everything feels a bit rushed with the Yarn Barn; I think the Dairy had a more gradual release of ingredients, so right now it feels like too much too quickly. Also, it's hard to tell items apart at a glance. I have to squint to tell merino wool from cotton, and the various yarns and threads look pretty similar. I'd also guess that the ingredient storage will be more important since, so far, the various wool and cotton seem equally important (as opposed to the dairy, where milk was way more useful to have at the ready than anything else). Since storage expansion items are either randomly gained as a result of finished deliveries or purchased with cash, I reckon I'd get frustrated pretty quickly.

Also, I'm slightly peeved that I accidentally spent some farm cash on completing a delivery. Completely irrelevant to my above complaint, but it still makes me mad that I did something so stupid!
    I agree. Too many things based on angora yarn from level 5, too slow for me. It's boring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast