[Guide & Discussion] Alistair's Magic Torches!
Greetings Kingdom Nobles!
Help Ben get ready to hibernate with Alistair's Magic Torches! Build two new magic torches to extend the life of your trees and speed up crops, and work to get some new giant animals for your Kingdom!
Ben needs a place for the winter! You'll need to place a new buildable, Ben's Hibernation Den. If you don't have a Magic Torch Den you'll first be prompted to build one really quick.
- Place Ben's Hibernation Den.
- Fish 1 time -- it's important to stay hydrated.
- Plant 3 Crops to store away for winter.
Ben's Hibernation Den, Phase One construction. This Phase doesn't need to be done until Quest 3.
Winter is coming so you'll need to craft some Bountiful Harvest Torches to speed up your crops!
- Collect 1 Blackout Curtain so Ben can sleep easy.
- Craft 2 Bountiful Harvest Torches!
- Tend 3 Cows. Warm milk will put Ben right to sleep!
Bountiful Harvest Torch crafting:
Immortal Tree Torch crafting (needed later):
Ben needs more food for his Den! Requires finishing Phase One of the Hibernation Den.
- Build Ben's Hibernation Den.
- Craft 2 Crop Preserve Jars.
- Place 4 Bountiful Harvest Torches.
Crop Preserve Jar crafting:
Ben really took those Winter Vittles so we need a lot more of them.
- Collect 5 Giant Earplugs so Ben can sleep in peace.
- Gather 20 Winter Vittles so Ben will stay fed during his long sleep.
- Craft 2 Hibernation Blankets for a warm hibernation.
Hibernation Blanket crafting:
You need to expand Ben's Hibernation Den again because you collected too much!
- Upgrade Ben's Hibernation Den.
- Harvest 10 Magic Beans to be made into more preserves.
- Craft 2 Winter Food Shelves.
Ben's Hibernation Den, Phase Two construction:
Magic Beans crop, now in the Market!
Winter Food Shelf crafting:
We left Ben's Hibernation Den a little messy--time for some cleanup.
- Buy 3 Goats--they'll eat away all the garbage!
- Store 5 items to get organized for the winter.
- Craft 4 Hibernation Beds.
Hibernation Bed crafting:
The snow is starting to fall so Ben needs a final expansion for his den and his family moved in!
- Upgrade Ben's Hibernation Den for the final time!
- Craft Immortal Tree Torches for endless firewood!
- Place 5 Bountiful Harvest Torches.
Ben's Hibernation Den, Phase Three construction:
- 2000 Coins
- 40 XP
- Mystery Crate!
Ben's Hibernation Den fully constructed:
Ben's Bonfire Quest
Should spawn after Quest 3 completion. Ben needs as much firewood as possible--the more you gather and fill up the Bonfire Bar, the more new giant-sized animals you'll get as a reward. Get all four!
- Fill the Bonfire bar 4 times by collecting Bonfire Bundles.
The Bonfire Bar shows up at the bottom of the game screen, over the neighbor bar:
Click on the bar to get the Bonfire Bar progress screen. The bar will fill as you progress towards you next goal. Each giant animal will grant you bonus Castle Points once they are placed on your Kingdom. In addition, you'll get a new mystery crate as you hit the halfway mark towards each goal.
Here's all the giant animals on a Kingdom, arranged next to a player (for size comparison):
Everyone should have this quest now.
nope I don't have it yet ...
Originally Posted by Stumpgrinder
Well I have no use for the silly giant animals but anyone have a clue as to what is in the mystery box? Otherwise I'll probably just let that bar fade away.
What happened to my second crop torch? I collected it (and as you know you have to then place it) and completed the quest so I had to click the reward box and the speech bubbles to get back to the game and my torch had gone from my pointer and has not been placed anywhere.
Hahar! its in my inventory now. Must take a while to show up.
Last edited by Littlevil; 01-16-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Giant animals. Sigh. We are never getting back to the original story, are we?
Just an fyi, if you haven't started the quest and are still making your first two torches in the second part of the quest... do not place them... (you'll need them in the third section) ... To not place them, all you have to do is (after you click on the torch workshop to collect the torch) click the x to stop the action.. the item then goes in to your inventory so it can be used later and you do not have to place it immediately... helps so you don't have to craft 4 MORE when part three comes your way. happy castling.
I've got the quest and working on it... the games seems a little sluggish I've crashed several times since getting it and I didn't get CP for my giant chicken.
where is the torch shop???
It's the same one that you used to craft Torches of Haste, and some romantic torch thingy. Maybe you haven't gotten to that quest yet. I would check in your inventory, I believe in buildings.
Originally Posted by lighthouse8