Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [CONTEST] Tiki Backyard Party!

Default [CONTEST] Tiki Backyard Party!

UPDATE:

The winners have been announced! Thanks for participating!

Hello Citizens!

Word on the city streets is that the Tiki items make for the best decorations to any house party! We can’t get enough of this stuff! We’re throwing a backyard shindig with a Tiki theme, and inviting all Citizens to come and show us what you’ve got!

The idea is simple: Design a Tiki backyard party fit for a king (or queen), it must be predominately Tiki, but use any other items that you like too! It’s a backyard party so you should have a fence wrapped around the outside, but aside from that you should allow your imagination to lead the way!

This backyard party is HUGE! You can use up to 6 expansions for your backyard, but you don’t have to! Theme, originality, and overall presentation are what our judges will be looking for.

All entries must be posted by September 1st, 2011 4pm PDT GMT -8

Tips:
    • Cool ideas beat out clutter, sometimes less is more.
    • You can’t win if you don’t play!

CONTEST RULES
    • All backyard entries can be UP TO 6 expansions, but it can be smaller.
    • Entries must include a screenshot of your Tiki Backyard Party with a fence around it.
    • Entries must be posted in this thread by 9/01/2011 4pm PDT GMT -8
    • Only ONE entry per person.
    • Entry must be your own city.
    • Once posted, entries cannot be modified or deleted.
    • Entries that are not posted in the entry thread (i.e. sent by email or PM) will not be considered.
    • This contest is open to CityVille users that have an account in good standing with Zynga who enter to participate.
    • Do not post negative comments about other contest entries. Doing so may result in the disqualification of your entry
    • By entering, you will be indicating that Zynga has permission to announce your name if you are chosen as the winner.
    • Once submitted, all entries become the sole property of Zynga.
    • Adherence to the Zynga Terms of Service is a requirement.
    • Collection and use of user information governed by Zynga’s Privacy Policy
    • No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.

GUIDELINES

Prizes
    • First Place: 250 City Cash
    • Second Place: 150 City Cash
    • Third Place: 100 City Cash

The top 10 entries will receive 1 free animated Hawaiian Luau decoration in CityVille to commemorate the event!

Theme: This is a backyard Tiki party, so put a fence around your backyard! The theme is Tiki, but you can include any other items that you want too!

We encourage you to ZOOM in so that we can see your entries more clearly!

Judgment Criteria:

A total of 15 points is possible; points will be awarded based on the following criteria:
    • Originality: up to 5 points
    • Theme: up to 5 points
    • Presentation: up to 5 points

The CityVille Community Team will determine the top 25 entries based on the criteria. Zynga’s CityVille Team, Public Relations Team and Community Team will then vote on the top 10 entries. The winning entries will be determined by popular vote.

We will announce the winners on the forums by their forum nicknames. Winners will receive a Private Message from a member of the CityVille Community Team. Players must provide FB UID via Private Message for prize awarding process

HOW TO ENTER

Take a Screenshot

• Press Control + V to paste it into MSPaint (or a similar program)
    • Resize if needed, but make that sure we can see where your entry is!
    • Make sure to watch your space usage
    • Mark the boundaries of your backyard with a fence.
    • Save your image as a JPEG or PNG
    • Upload it
    • Post the link to your image in this thread

More on Size Constraints

As mentioned, all entries can use up to a maximum of 6 expansions, but the exact dimensions are your choice. This means that your backyard must be 6 expansions or smaller in order to be counted.

If your decorations aren’t within the space, they won’t count. Only items within the size constraints will be counted. It should be easy in this contest, because you will put a fence around your entry!

The exact shape is your choice, as long as it has the same area: 6 expansions MAXIMUM

Questions & Answers

Q: Does the fence need to completely wrap around my entry?
    A: We'll allow for some gaps, but we want to see the majority of your entry fenced in. Like the rules say, we're using the fence as a guide to the boundaries of your entries, if your fence is close enough to wrapping around and we can see the edges easily, you should be fine.

More questions? Clarifications? Post your question in this thread if you haven't seen an answer and we'll try to answer it!

Ready? Set? PAAAAAARTAAAAAAY!

-Gary Gardener
    Last edited by Miss Jenny; 08-18-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Reserved for my example entry!

Excuse me sir. I have a question where can i find the tiki themed in build menu? Thank you

I do have a question. I see that a fence needs to around the entire backyard party. My area is abutting a couple of areas where I don't have expansions and I also don't have enough of the requirements to add 2 to 3 expansions. Two of my sides don't have fencing, would this mean instant disqualification?

Q: Does the fence need to completely wrap around my entry?
    A: We'll allow for some gaps, but we want to see the majority of your entry fenced in. Like the rules say, we're using the fence as a guide to the boundaries of your entries, if your fence is close enough to wrapping around and we can see the edges easily, you should be fine.
    Last edited by 1shoe; 08-20-2011 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added comment

I have never entered one of these but here is my entry

WOW!!! These are great! Let's keep it goin'! TIKI PARTY!!!!!

MM

These are all great, would love to take part, but still can't open my build box.

Default My Tiki

Does the fence have to be ALL the way around my Tiki village?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by 1shoe; 08-21-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Merged question

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast