Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Loading Farm

Default Faster Loading Farm

You can save info on your computer now! On the loading screen there's a Want your farm to load faster? Click here!!!

??????????

havnt seen that yet but saw this on the new loading screen
    (insert laugh track here)finished quest in record time ..

It asks if you want to save the farm to your computer. I wasn't able to get a screenshot..
    Last edited by .:Allen:.; 07-07-2011 at 05:20 PM.

I haven't seen it in Farmville yet, but that option has been available for a month or two in zynga's Frontierville game. It has to do with flash, I think. Anyway, allowing it has not caused any problems for me, and the load has been faster.

oOoOooOOoooOoo sounds great! Hope it reaches us all soon!

Wouldn't bother with it. They did this with Frontierville a while ago and it made no difference with the loading.

Hmmm... thats very interesting....
    ........ because on Tuesday night I asked on my FB wall if any of my neighbours were also seeing any localised caching seemingly being performed by Farmville.

Unfortunately no-one knew what I meant, but I definitely was seeing this happen and have done a few times since then... so it looks like they _have_ been playing with it.

In fact.. having just this minute checked my flash settings under global, sure enough they do have a caching server zcache.zngcdn.com thats stored in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelz5 View Post
    Wouldn't bother with it. They did this with Frontierville a while ago and it made no difference with the loading.
    If its done properly.. it should make a heck of a difference to the loading time.

Some nights I see dreadful lag whilst trying to load my farm. Im on a 24Mbps/2.2Mbps connection so should have no problems, but I do, due to packet loss always occurs at Zyngas side of things, indicating that their servers are sometimes overloaded during peak times. Sometimes it can take up to 15mins for my farm to fully load.

If, the graphics are stored on the local machine.. it should speed things up no end.

However, some data will still have to be pulled from Zyngas servers.. so if they are busy it will still mean some slowness... but if everyones not pulling all the data such as graphics... it should at least help with the overall loading times.

-------
    Should say that I havent seen the option yet on the loading screen, nor do I play Frontierville to know how its working on that.

Is it just graphics being stored? I am just wondering if storing some info on my home computer will have any impact if I try to play it on another machine.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast