Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we misunderstand?

Default Did we misunderstand?

I had one friend try to send me a spotted pig and another try to send me a belted lamb today. Both came out plain. We thought they were all breedable now except the flashers. Did we misunderstand?

Pattern and color inheritance are not (and have never been) 100% guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexilicious View Post
    Pattern and color inheritance are not (and have never been) 100% guaranteed.
    It's like a mantra.
    Keep saying it. You might believe it soon.

Well before this fiasco all took place, if I bred a ram and a ewe of the same pattern I 100% of the time got that pattern from the lamb when I grew it.
    Now Its a toss up of getting just plain white or the pattern.
    Just an observance from someone who has been breeding the sheep ever since they were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonM4 View Post
    Well before this fiasco all took place, if I bred a ram and a ewe of the same pattern I 100% of the time got that pattern from the lamb when I grew it.
    Just an observance from someone who has been breeding the sheep ever since they were introduced.
    You know this, Sharon. I know it. We all know it. Even Lexi. She just can't say she does.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonM4 View Post
    100% success rate for color/pattern inheritance was never the intended design of this feature.

If the success rates were that high originally, it was a bug. Or you are very lucky.

Many of us must have been very lucky, then, because mine always worked as well. 100% if I bred two stars or two dotted, that's what I got (except for the one time I bred two dotted and got a star). Now, nearly 100% of the time I get plain sheep, regardless of which two I breed (not breeding any 'illegals').

100% success rate for color/pattern inheritance was never the intended design of this feature.

If the success rates were that high originally, it was a bug. Or you are very lucky.
    Really?
    Then so was I, and all of my friends and neighbours.

*tut tut*

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBear View Post
    Really?
    Then so was I, and all of my friends and neighbours.

*tut tut*

If the success rates were that high originally, it was a bug.
    Please notice the bolded part of the quote.

While it may not have been what Zynga intended, since the ones before were not "legal" ones, I dont think it was a bug but simply the coding of the hacked ones was not zyngas coding now. The way it is now is horrible. I can understand a lower percentage of success but 1 out 20 or worse none like many of us have dealt with will do nothing but make people stop breeding altogether.

I also do not think it would be as bad if the default color wasn't white, I mean if you dont get the color change or the star pattern, it would at least be much better toe at least get colors rather than plain white ones all of the time, that is where most frustration is coming from since white sheep are free on gifts page so it feels like a complete waste of potions and bottles.,
    Last edited by Tammy Clark Plemmons; 04-29-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Customer Support
    Live chat Icon will be visible on right side when available

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast